This series of tips covers the entire lifecycle of a RAID, from planning, through the implememntation, to the ultimate failure, and possible recovery.
The first version was published as a series of blog posts on Data Recovery Weekly,
but was since then expanded into the following list of tips:
- Getting your requirements straight
- The RAID triangle
- Do you really need RAID 0?
- RAID 5 vs. RAID 6
- Hot spares
- Software RAID is not dead
- Test your RAID
- Prevention I - Backup often
- Prevention II - Monitor RAID performance
- Recover RAID